Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today I went to Whole Foods

Living in New Hampshire, a Whole Food devoid state, makes going to Whole Food a treat.

So today I found myself in Massachuesetts with some time to kill so off to Whole Foods.

Talk about sensory overload.   I guess if you go to whole food routinely it is just another grocery, but for someone like me that only wanders in once or twice a year, it is just overwhelming.

A gelato bar with 20 flavors of yumminess.  Organic fruits, vegs meats.

I am quickly overwhelmed.

There is something however that makes me feel inadequate when I go there.

Yeah, I don't always eat organic or as healthy as I should, and being there always makes me overbuy.  It is this guilt thing,   here I am in a store that sells all this good stuff so I have to buy it all rather than dealing with the less desirable food in the local grocery.  I come home with more good food than a couple could possibly eat before it spoils.

The other problem is, I feel like I don't fit in there.   I'm kind of a rough and tumble gal and
I look around at all the perfect women there in their dainty sundress and straw hat and feel like I just don't belong.

Thank god for the Food Coop in Littleton, NH...Gives whole Food a run for their money without out being so pretentious.

No comments:

Post a Comment