Monday, June 13, 2011

Mountain Goth is one year old today

It was one year ago today that I opened my Mountaingoth shop on etsy.  So I'm trying to figure out what I have learned in the past year.

1. I learned how to needle felt.  There is alot more I need to learn but one year ago I didn't even know there was such a thing as needle felting.
2. You need to time your items to the season.  People don't buy wool in the summer.  Even if it's needle felted critters.
3. Check the feedback on your buyer.
4. How to get over 13k in followers on twitter. Twitter gets you alot of hits but not so many buys.  Though it's a great place to connect with other crafts people and learn from them.
5. I would rather needle felt or crochet than sew.
6. Finally going back to having a day job and all of a sudden your items start selling.  Go Figure.

That's all I have time for now....Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment